Laura graduated from Cornell University’s College of Veterinary Medicine in 2003. After graduation, she completed a one year internship at Genesee Valley Equine Clinic in Scottsville, NY, and then stayed on for another year as an associate. She then worked at an equine ambulatory clinic in central New Jersey that focused on performance/sport and pleasure horse medicine. During this time, Laura started to pursue her interest in complementary medicine and became a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA) through the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society.
When the opportunity finally presented itself in 2010, Laura took advantage and completed the Canine Rehabilitation Institute’s program to become a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist. While this program focuses on small animals, Laura hopes to expand on this education to be able to also treat horses. A lifelong athlete, Laura personally knows the benefits of physical therapy having undergone multiple orthopedic surgeries and subsequent physical therapy as a result of sports related injuries. She is excited to finally be able to put all of her interests together.
- Canine Rehabilitation Institute, Fort Collins, CO
Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist (CCRT), 2010
- Chi Institute, Reddick, FL
Advanced Equine Acupuncture Course, 2010
- International Veterinary Acupuncture Society, San Antonio, TX
Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA), 2009
- Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, NY
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, 2003
- Barry University, Miami Shores, FL
Bachelor of Science in Biology with minor in Chemistry, 1999
- American Veterinary Medical Association member since 2003
- American Association of Equine Practitioners member since 2003
- International Veterinary Acupuncture Society member since 2008